Friday, January 13, 2012

Grilled Cheese

You know when you don't feel good that thing that will make you feel better? Everybody has something like that and it's different for everybody. Well, for me it's grilled cheese. Yesterday, I had the worst headache that I remember having in a long long time and it wasn't going away. I laid down. I wore a heat pad on my head. I even broke down and took pain meds even though I am not supposed to this week because of my upcoming surgery. Well, I finally got to sleep and when I woke up this morning it was better. I explained it to people as "it's sore because it hurt so bad yesterday but it's not hurting because it's hurting anymore." Does that even make any sense? Anyway, so I didn't feel like doing much. Let me re-phrase, I didn't feel like even thinking let alone doing much this morning so I didn't. I just kind of hung out. I was hungry when I got up but the cobwebs were still there so I didn't push it. I had been up a couple hours and then it dawned on me. In the past, when I didn't feel good. I would want a grilled cheese. Now, in the past, I would have to have someone else do this for me. However, thanks to some initiative on my part and a great idea on the part of my friend, one of my blog readers even, I could do it myself this time. That gave me a sense of satisfaction. I was able to do something nice for myself. Something nurturing. It felt good that I could not only identify what would make me feel better but that I could do it for myself and by the way, no more headache! :)
So, this afternoon I knew I had to get some stuff together that has a deadline of 1/15 which is Sunday. Some of it was already together. Some of it I had to look for and it wasn't hidden all that well and then there was some that I don't actually have in my possession yet so I had to get creative. I had to find what I needed online and then print it out. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, maybe it is if the computer you are working with isn't a dinosaur but this one is. So, it was not letting me view the info let alone print it. So I messed with it until I could finally view it and then it still wouldn't let me print it. I got frustrated but I texted my friend and said "this computer will NOT beat me"! So I persisted on and finally mission accomplished. It's all ready to drop off. So, my headache is gone and I am feeling pretty able to take care of stuff right now. YAY!

2 comments: