Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Compare and Contrast

 Yesterday I felt scattered. Today I am calm. Yesterday I was on the receiving end of comfort, Lots of people were there to help me through my discomfort. Today I have been a sounding board several times over and I have to admit I like knowing that people are willing to talk to me about thier issues. Most of the time they aren't really asking me for answers but that doesn't necessarily mean that I don't give them my opinion. LOL I'm not sure that's a good thing. I mean, whereas most of the time I do say "tell me to do or think this or tell me not to do that" I realize that when I am presented with someone's problem I usually respond with "Do this" or "Don't do that". Maybe that's just how I roll? Maybe that's ok? I'm always thinking I should try to be more "this" or less "that". What if I just quit trying to change who I am? I'm not saying that it's not good to improve yourself but I think I am realizing that there comes a point when too much pruning of self can have a negative and detremental effect. I have always said that I am very "black or white" thinking kind of person. Something is either 1 way or the other. There is no gray. I don't necessarily believe that anymore. There's an old adage about "all things in moderation" I am coming to the conclusion that this old adage may just be the secret to healthy and sane living.

No comments:

Post a Comment