Sunday, February 19, 2012

Down in the Valley

 It's a cold rainy day.  I don't like cold rainy days. I didn't understand what the pastor preached about today. That in itself I guess is going to happen on occasion but it makes me feel unsettled. Nobody else is home but my daughter. I always feel stress when it's just me and her. I guess because she is beyond the age of just doing what I ask because I asked her. So, it often feels like she is the adult and I am the child. I spent some time online this afternoon. The internet has become my companion. Today I am feeling the lonliness of  that. I guess to put it simply. Today is not a good day to be me. I don't feel like I have a firm grasp on anything. The only love that I can "see" that exists for me right now is that my dog and cat love me. I know that's more than some people have. I know God loves me. Sometimes, especially on days like today, I wish He would just let the angel blow that trumpet and take me Home..

1 comment:

  1. I know this time has passed for you, but think of it this way, your daughter, as disrespectful as she is, still needs you!! AND dogs and cats are the best and only creatures that offer unconditional love!!

    ReplyDelete