Saturday, October 23, 2010

Do Over

  There aren't many things that I do on my own with confidence. So when I do have to do something I spend lots of time worrying about it. I had an agenda for yesterday morning, Quite simply it was to just get through it. Well, as fate would have it what I had planned got postponed until next week. So,  that gave me the opportunity to realize that I make things harder on myself because I have so much doubt in myself. I carry with me every error in judgment I've ever made. To be blunt about it. I am my own worst enemy. I tend to make it easy for other naysayers to have their negative opinions of me.
 Now, I have to say that I do feel that I've made some progress because there was a time that when plans got changed I would have just crawled back into my little cocoon  and just been grateful that I didn't have to do whatever it was I didn't want to. However, this time, I paused to try and think through why I was having the feelings. The next step is to change those feelings. That is going to take some hard work because it's not easy being positive if you are used to being negative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment