Sunday, October 24, 2010

All roads lead back to...me

 This blog started formulating in my head as I lay in bed this morning. I woke up feeling lonely. Then like manna from heaven this thought came to me. "No one else can or will like and or want to be close to me until I like and want to be close to me" That sends shivers down my being because I do NOT like me. I do whatever I can to not have to be alone with myself.
 So, I have the problem. The equation if you will. I even have the solution to the equation. It's quite simple, actually. Learn to like me. Learn to accept me. But, like all math equations, it's not just about the problem. It's not even about the solution. It's about understanding HOW to get to the solution. 
 So, how do I learn to like me? How do I learn to accept me? I have to get to know me. I have to quit running from me. Until I know, accept and like me no one else can. Until I figure out what it feels like to be content with my own company I will neither be content with nor appreciate anyone's else's company. I need to get reacquainted with myself. I need to remember what I like or don't like. What makes Danette, Danette? I don't remember. I guess there's no time like the present to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment