Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Parallels

This has been a great day. I have been upbeat all day. I ate well. I started reading a book. Then all of a sudden something became perfectly clear to me and now I feel like I can't breathe. Here's what became clear. I have been single since May 17, 2009. As my followers know, my ex is still my roommate. Anyway, since that day in 2009 I have kept my phone on silent. Never really had a good reason. Tonight, as I was reading a book and a page talked about the ringing of a phone it hit me why I keep my phone on silent. I feel like my ex emotionally abandoned me. I say emotionally cause physically she is still here. When we first started seeing each other I asked her a question. "Will you ever walk away?" She responded with "Just long enough to feel like I have some power". She lied. She abandoned me and to this day says I forced her away by my behavior. I guess I am still angry. Now, for the parallel.
In 2001, my mother had just found out I was in a gay relationship. About that time, I had to have brain surgery. May 23, was the date. I guess May is not a good month. Well, except it's my birthday month too. The day of the surgery came. I had told my then partner (different girl) that I wanted her to make all major decisions and I wanted my doctor to communicate with her because I don't trust my mom. Anyway, this didn't please my mother. I understand that. So, while I was under anesthesia my mother gets mad and leaves and the first words I hear upon waking up were "Your mom got mad and left" She abandoned me. Did I make her do it by making the choices I did? Is all of this my fault?

1 comment:

  1. Okay... first of all "Just long enough to feel like I have some power." Really?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Are you NUTS?!?!?! I love you, but are you NUTS?!?!?! What the Hell is THAT. Right then and there, I would have said Get the Hell out now. Oh MY God, seriously. Don't even get me going. Well, I guess you did.
    The rest... listen, you post a lot of inspirational sayings and stuff on Facebook, and I'm pretty certain you had to have run across one that talks about not letting your past dictate your future. I was abandoned throughout my entire childhood, over and over again. Over the years, I've learned from every single moment that hurt me, and I've learned from every single moment in which I hurt others. It's the past... time to move into the future and stop hanging onto things people did to you. That's them... but you're making it you. Make sense?

    ReplyDelete